16 Nov Basic Smoothie Recipe – So Easy
This is my basic smoothie recipe.
I love this recipe because it is soooo simple to remember and you generally always have the ingredients on hand to whiz it up in no time!
I find I make this smoothie recipe in the afternoon ‘witching hour’ when the kids are hungry but can’t wait for dinner.
Smoothies are great to…
– Serve to toddlers in Zestio Reusable Food Pouches to save the mess
– Freeze in pouches for a great lunchbox cooler and school snack
– Freeze in Zesty Pops for an after school summer treat
A little on the ingredients…
The oats are a nutritious wholegrain that are rich in natural fibre. They keep the bowel healthy and are slowly digested, keeping you fuller for longer.
The potassium in bananas is an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function. Bananas are also great for digestion.
Here’s a TIP: Once your bananas have ripened on the kitchen bench, peel and freeze them for easy, quick assess to make delicious smoothies.
Avocados offer nearly 20 vitamins and minerals in every serving. They are high in fat. But it’s monounsaturated fat, which is a ‘good’ fat that helps lower bad cholesterol, as long as you eat them in moderation.
Adding to your base recipe
You can add anything to the base recipe using up whatever you have at home. What you include will change the taste, colour and texture. Make your smoothies green by adding spinach or purple with mixed berries. Have a go and get creative!
- Spinach leaves
So what smoothie will you make next??
- 1/4 cup / 25g of rolled oats
- 2 cups of milk (your choice or mix with water)
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ an avocado
- 1. Blend the oats to a finer consistency (TM 5sec, sp8) (optional but makes for a smoother smoothie)
- 2. Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth (TM 1 min, sp9)
- 3. Enjoy!
- Add other ingredients of your choice to change colour and flavour. Try nuts, spinach, berries or cocoa.