02 May Berry Apple Puree Recipe
Use delicious in season summer fruit to make your bub this Berry Apple Puree Recipe. Did you know that strawberries contain more vitamin C than other berry fruits? Fruit purees are an ideal first food for babies as they sweet and full of goodness. Baby fruit purees like this one are great on their own or mix them with yoghurt to thicken or baby cereal such as farex. Serve in our Zestio Reusable Food Pouches for a no mess snack for bub and don’t forget to use our Zestio Pouch Topper for added peace of mind to protect your babies gums.
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 2 Apples Cored & Cut
- 1 Tbsp Steamed Water (Optional)
- Steam all ingredients until soft.
- Puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Fill your Zestio Reusable Food Pouches for a snack on the run or freeze for later.
- Store in the fridge.
- Please note that I leave the skin on my apple when I steam it, but you can peel your apple.
- This recipe is suitable to use a combination of fresh & frozen berries.
- I like to add 1 Tbsp of steamed water so that the puree is not so thick, but this is optional.
- If you prefer you can also sieve puree to remove seeds before feeding to bub.