01 Dec Choc Sweet Potato Brownie
Packed full of goodness, these brownies will impress the whole family. No need for the guilt, these chocolate treats are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free too! Perfect for the school lunchbox.
– 1 cup mejool dates, pitted
– 1 cup sweet potato puree
– ½ cup apple puree
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– ¾ cup brown rice, ground to flour
– ½ cup almonds, ground to flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ¼ cup cacao + 1tsp for dusting
– 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
– Pinch of salt
– Optional – 100g dairy free chocolate (70% Cacao) blended into small pieces
– Coconut oil for greasing
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and grease a baking dish with coconut oil (I used a square dish).
- Place dates into blender and process until small.
- Add wet ingredients and blend until smooth and combined.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour into dish and dust lightly with 1 tsp cacao.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in dish for 10mins before turning onto cooling rack for a further 5 mins.