16 Apr Green Egg and Bacon Muffin Recipe
This Green Egg and Bacon Muffin recipe is a healthy lunch box alternative to cupcakes or quiches for example which are perfect for the whole family. This recipe incorporates some added greens, which I try to get into my girls wherever possible! I have an abundance of frozen silverbeet in the freezer, harvested from last seasons vegetable garden crop. I used this in my batch, however spinach or kale would do the trick also.
- 6 Eggs
- 3 Rashers of Bacon
- 50-100g Frozen Spinach
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat over to 200 degrees and oil your muffin tray.
- Remove the bacon rind (not the fat) and cut into thirds, making 9 pieces.
- Line the muffin tray with bacon, placing any broken pieces in the bottom also.
- Whisk the eggs, then add defrosted spinach, salt and pepper.
- Pour into your muffin tray and sprinkle each muffin with a little cheese.
- Bake for 20 mins until golden and egg is set.