21 Dec 5 Yummy Mango Recipes
Relevant to the festive season, we thought we’d inspire you with ideas for using Zestio this Christmas with 5 yummy mango recipes!
Mangoes are a delicious treat that can be enjoyed fresh this time of the year and stored in your freezer to enjoy all year round. They taste so good that being healthy is the bonus!
Known as the ‘king of fruits’, mango has many health benefits:
- Helps to prevent cancer – antioxidant compounds help to protect against many forms of cancers.
- Lowers cholesterol – due to mangoes high levels of fibre, pectin and vitamin C.
- Clears the skin – mango can be used both internally and externally for the skin.
- Good for eye health – one cup of mango is 25% your daily vitamin A which promotes good eye sight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
- Balances the Whole Body – maintain the alkali reserve of the body with the good fruits acids.
- Aids Diabetes health – mango leaves, through traditional home remedies, have been known to help control insulin levels in the blood and mango themselves have low glycemic index.
- Improves gut health – mangoes along with paw paws contain enzymes for breaking down protein as well as being a great source of soluble fibre.
- Boosts immune system – mangoes are generous in vitamin C and A, plus 25 different carotenoids to keep you healthy and strong!
Here’s a few mango recipes for you to share with your loved ones this Christmas!
Mango is a Christmas staple as it’s readily available at this time of year, so why not let baby enjoy the refreshing buzz this puree will offer. Serve in our Zestio Reusable Food Pouch.
Mango is a popular Christmas icy pop flavour and it’s no wonder as it’s bursting with nutrients and soluble fibre. This popular fruit makes a heavenly ice-block that is refreshing and energising. Serve in our Zesty Pops.
This nutritious smoothie is easy to make if you have an abundance of mangoes and is a great way to use up the frozen mango from your freezer. Enjoy all year round! This recipe could be used in the Zesty Pops or in the reusable food pouch. See links above.
This is a great way to use up your natural or greek yoghurt and use in a Zestio Reusable Pouch or Zesty Pops. Great for lunches or on-the-go snacks!
This has to be our favourite find as it’s something we never thought to do – store blended dried mango in our Zestio Reusable Food Pouches! We love making our own dried mango so having the blended dried mango would be a great additive to sprinkle onto morning breakfast and yoghurts. The Mango Macadamia Balls are a perfect lunchbox or on-the-go healthy treat and we are all for promoting these nutritious and easy ideas.