08 May Strawberry Chia Jam
Try this Strawberry Chia Jam recipe, it’s a quick and easy homemade treat. Growing up we would enjoy jam on toast, scones, pancakes and jam drop biscuits! But while I try to keep our families daily sugar intake to a minimum it made me think about how much sugar is in store bought Jam. So I decided to create a version without the sugar.
The berries are best used frozen otherwise they just go to mush when you blend them. The Chia seeds will absorb the moisture and swell into a gel, thickening the jam. You can use the Jam right away but it is best to let it sit for at least an hour before use. I found, when I was in a hurry I didn’t worry about heating the jam mixture and just used it after blending all the ingredients together. It was a little runny but still delicious! The rice malt syrup adds a little sweetness and is fructose free.
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seed
- 1 Tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- Blend Chia Seeds in a high speed blender.
- Add Frozen Strawberries and Rice Malt Syrup and blend again until you reach desired consistency.
- Optional Step - you can cook the mixture to thicken, approximately 5 mins on the stove top.
- Pour into your Zestio Pouch and set in the fridge until cool.
- Try other berries for different flavours.
- The Chia Seeds will form a gel which will further thicken the jam.